Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Why YOU might be a MEGA-CHURCH PASTOR...and NOT even REALIZE it!

Influence.
 
At the core of the human heart people want their lives to matter. They want to exercise influence on other people.
 
I believe that this desire to influence others is one of the main reasons why people are involved with Social Media. (Let's be honest: I get followed by some new author of a book, pastor, blogger on Twitter almost daily).
 
Our world is becoming a virtual world where you can exercise influence on people easily through technology.
 
One of the greatest ways to make a difference in other's lives is to pastor and encourage the people that are your 'followers' on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
 
To date I currently have 2,497 Facebook followers and 811 Twitter followers. I do my best to write encouraging and beneficial information through my social media outlets because I take pastoring and shepherding my virtual flock seriously! In other words, I'm part of a virtual world where I can pass information on to a mega-church size of followers!
 
Can you imagine if people saw all of their 'social media friends' as people that they could reach out to and encourage! Can you imagine if Christians viewed their social media friends as being part of their personal flock and ministered to them?
 
There are a CROWD of people that you are influencing with every post and click. How are you LEADING your followers?

 
Are you effectively getting your message out to your social media followers, to your crowd? How are you leading them?

No comments:

Post a Comment