Monday, May 12, 2014

The Greatness and Significance of a Mom

"Behind every great man is a great woman"
 
Whether us prideful men want to admit it or not the above phrase is true. It's important to honor significant women in our lives.
 
Jesus valued women. Whether it was the Samaritan woman at the well (John 4), the adulterous woman (John 8), or his mother (John 19), Jesus elevated and looked out for all of them.
 
Without mothers the world would be harsh and critical. God created mothers because he is a gentle and tender God. "As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you; and you will be comforted over Jerusalem" (Isaiah 66:13). Let's face it, when I was younger and needed emotional support and sympathy from one of my parents the clear choice was my mother. She was naturally gifted and wired to be caring.
 
As I was sitting in my office today thinking about how our church honored mother's I could not help but think about my mother. Here's some reasons why my mother deserves to be elevated and praised:
 
1. She's my biggest fan. Let's be honest no one follows my life and my ministry career as closely as my mother. I know when my mother is on Facebook because she will go on my profile page and like my last week's worth of posts.
 
2. She's allowed me to be independent and soar. My mom is not needy or controlling. Since my freshman year in college she has required the bare minimum as she understood where my future goals and aspirations were taking me. She's not only equipped me to soar, she's allowed me to as well.
 
3. I have an example of optimism and encouragement. My mother is the bubbliest female I know. She is the ultimate optimist and encourager. While I consider myself more of a realist she has given me an example and showed me the benefits of how to encourage other people.
 
4. She is a believer in Jesus. Not only is she a great mother but she is a Godly mother.
 
There are innumerous other reasons why I am thankful and grateful for my mother. Maybe the biggest reason is that she has had to put up with me!
 
Whether it be Mother's Day or the day after or any day let the record show that I love my mother and am grateful for her!
 
I LOVE MY MOM!


1 comment:

  1. What a great blog and yes she is a beautiful woman and loving mother!

    ReplyDelete