Monday, May 19, 2014

A Tribute and Thank You to Rich Yauger

May 19th, 2013 was MY public resignation at First Christian Church
May 18th, 2014 was Rich Yauger's public resignation at Grace Community Church
 
Rich Yauger's public resignation coincided almost a year ago to the day with my public resignation at First Christian Church. While on stage with Rich I believed I was able to feel, in just a small way, some of the same emotions that he was feeling. Here are some things that I noticed this past Sunday and within the past nine months that I have been on staff here at Grace regarding Pastor Rich:
 
1. Every pastor deep down inside wants to know that they made a difference and impacted people for Jesus. It was evident that Rich had done so during his pastoral ministry at Grace. He received a standing applause, and rightfully so, in all three services. Not only that, but it was truly a heartfelt appreciative applause that was expressed.
 
2. Every person that I meet describes Rich as a "give the shirt off of his back" type of person. During our small group time on Sunday almost everyone in our small group was able to remember a time when Rich through a small, but albeit significant way, had contacted them and encouraged them. Rich truly cares for others.
 
3. Rich did things the right way. During my transition to youth pastor at Grace Rich was gracious and complimentary. He said and did the right things in a delicate transition process. As Rich is transitioning to Maryland he also did and said the right thing. I cannot express how hard this is to do while transitioning from a pastoral ministry. Simply put, Rich passed the test.
 
I will always be thankful for the time that Rich helped me to getting acclimated into the youth pastor role at Grace Community Church. I believe that part of the reason why God overlapped Rich and my's time at Grace was for him to help me understand the culture, dynamics, and speed of the youth ministry and church here.
 
During our first Wednesday youth group that Rich and I led together in which he passed the baton to me I told him that he was always welcome back to youth group and that we would "always have his back." As we celebrate Rich's time here at Grace and regardless of the fact that he will be ministering miles away at a church in Maryland we will "always have his back!"
 
Rich's last Wednesday at youth group before he transitioned into another pastoral role we prayed for him.
We will always have your back....both physically and spiritually!

My last Sunday at First Christian Church.
 I was reminded of the impact one could have as I officiated the wedding of a Kendallville couple this past weekend. May you continue to see the fruit of your work Rich!

Rich transitioned well as he moved into a different role at Grace Community Church. We know he will transition well into a pastoral role in Maryland. Go get 'em Yauger family!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment