Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The BEST SEAT in the HOUSE - A Pastor's Perspective on Weddings


On wedding days the pastor has the BEST SEAT in the HOUSE! In fact if you think about it, a pastor has a better seat (view) than the bride and the groom's parents!
 
During a wedding ceremony I always enjoy looking for and watching people's reactions.
 
This past Saturday I had the honor of officiating a wedding of a former student of mine and his fiancée. While on stage I had the best perspective and view of the following:
- Groom's reaction when the bride was coming down the aisle - (Tears/Joy/Relief)
- Crowd's reaction at both serious moments (Vows, Rings) and fun moments (Entrance, Recessional)
- Bride's reaction to being pronounced as husband and wife - (Exhilaration)
- Groomsmen and Bridesmaids interaction during the sand ceremony - (Support for the soon to be married couple)

The part of the wedding ceremony that always brings awe and wonderment to me, regardless of how many times I have done it, is pronouncing that the bride and groom are husband and wife. It's incredible to imagine that at just that moment, when I speak those words, God considers the couple to be united and one. What a humbling concept and one that I do not take lightly!
 
From the beginning of the ceremony until the end I have a front row seat in getting to view everyone's reaction and emotions. It allows me to enjoy the relational and emotive aspect of God as I watch the bride and groom go through the full spectrum of emotions on their wedding day. If you don't believe me, just wait until you get married, because all married couples can understand what I am saying. 
 
Being a pastor has different perks. One of those is walking with people and being a part of all the major events that take place in their life. In that respect, I have a front row seat into the lives and major events of people! What a blessing from the Lord!
 

 
A pastor's seat....is definitely the best seat in the house!
(Congratulations Shawn and Alexis)


No comments:

Post a Comment