Thursday, January 30, 2014

What a Kidney Stone will Teach You.........

I had my first ever kidney stone and I pray my LAST ever kidney stone. I would never wish a kidney stone on my worst enemy. The pain was so severe on Tuesday morning that I literally passed out and was having convulsions on the bathroom floor. Luckily, the pain subsided enough so that Kim was able to rush me to the hospital to get me diagnosed and to where I was able to receive some pain treatment and medications. By the grace of God, the stone passed on Wednesday Morning.

This past Tuesday morning at 3:30 AM I came to a number of realizations............

1. I'm thankful for my wife! If I had this kidney stone three months earlier prior to marriage I would have been in trouble and unable to get to the hospital. Kim was also a phenomenal caretaker through a trying 36 hour period.
2. I am not invincible! So many times we think to ourselves that something won't happen to me. Well, it did.
3. I will never make light of the birthing process....ever! If the pain was remotely similar to giving birth I have a new found respect for mothers.
4. See you later Soda/Tea Products! It will be rare that you see me with any cola products. H20 to Go!
5. Most kidney stones, 80%, start their trail of tears from 3 AM - 6 AM! (Found this information out from Dr. Chandler)
6. People do care! The amount of texts, calls, and support that was shown to my wife and I was incredible. It is in the midst of trouble where true friendship and support is forged.
7. I do not know why but it is universal while in pain to sit on the toilet holding a trash can rocking back and forth! Regardless, of what type of sickness hits you that is the universal position that I came to know so well.
8. You are proud of what you birth! Currently, I still have the stone in a container and via a Twitter Name Inquiry have proudly named the kidney stone - Judas Boulder Cosentino (Big Betrayer). If women are proud of their babies let me have a little bit of pride over my 'baby'. Sorry if this is too weird for you, is it?
9. You desperately cry out for the rapture to happen at that moment!
10. I prayed that I would be a model of grace through this pain! I may have failed at times, but when you give grace while under significant pain, people take notice! (Plus, it's not their fault anyway)

No comments:

Post a Comment