Monday, July 22, 2013

Momentum Recap and Role Change

The Momentum Youth Conferece is our group's and one of my higlights every year. This year was NO different. We took appoximately 70 persons from First Christian Church and adopted another 12 persons from different groups. God moved in various ways. Here are just a few of those ways:
 
1. Saw 4 students make first time commitments to follow Jesus. PRAISE THE LORD!
2. There are at least 6 students interested in baptism and who went through my baptism 101 class while at Momentum (picture below).
 

3. We bagged, sorted, and delivered a semi-truck worth of food to needy families in the Marion, IN region.
4. I won an 'Equipping Leadership Award' from CE National (picture below). I was truly honored because the other person who won the same award was Knute Larson a retired pastor of a 7,000 member church.
 

5. The speakers and worship were incredibly meaningful and impactful this year.
6. Our students were some of the KEY leaders at the Conference. Every year our group gets to serve and share at the FIRST MAIN SESSION because the Conference and leadership trust our young people.
7. The opportunity to bond and encourage each other throughout the week was incredible.
8. Lastly, my role has changed as I have become a youth minitry veteran and where many of the young youth pastors come up to in seeking advice.
 
My role at the Momentum Youth Conference has changed considerably throughout the years. From 1999-2003 my role was as student and primarily learner. From 2005-2006 it was as a youth intern at Grace Church at Willow Valley. From 2008-current it has become one as youth pastor. Within the past two years my role has grown to be one of encourager, mentor, and counsultant.
 
The longer I am in youth ministry the less I feel like I truly feel knowledgble about youth ministy in certain aspects. Therefore, I was humbled countless times as younger youth pastors asked questions and set up appointments to talk and discuss ministry. I even had a pastor from Canada who is driving eight hours to see our Youth Celebration Service on August 4th because he wants to get ideas and learn more about youth ministry.
 
As a youth ministry veteran and a youth pastor of a 'successful' ministry this year I had to privilege of embracing my role as consultant and confidante. More then anything else it made me hungrier to grow in my talents, skills, and youth minstry acumen. If you are not growing you are dying and I need to continue to grow to be the ultimate best I can be through Christ.
 
I have learned a lot about youth ministry these past six years. My dream and goals are far reaching in that I want to be a part of a youth ministry that is a blessing to the NATIONS! I love developing and equipping people for leadership. The success of the church will rise and fall with leadership develoment and equipping. 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment