Friday, March 14, 2014

ONCE A STUDENT OF MINE......ALWAYS DEAR TO MY HEART!

I take relationships seriously.
 
I do not believe occurences and connections happen by chance. God is the Designer of all, including placing people into our lives! 
 
As a youth pastor student relationships are completely fluid. Students are growing up, involved with extra-curricular activities, and are busy just being typical teenagers.
 
Therefore, it is important that I am intentional about doing my best to foster and cultivate healthy relationships with students. That is why I constantly check social media, visit students during lunch and after school, and try to plan events and meetings times to connect. Let's face it: if the God of the Universe placed you in my path it's for a specific reason.
 
As a youth pastor I have the opportunity to walk with young people through some pretty pivotal and incredible times in their life. From break-ups, to graduations, to mission trips, to pranks, to eventual marriages I get a front row seat beside teens and their parents. (I do not take this fact lightly as I'm probably in numerous 'family' photos).
 
Through the journey some strong connections and relationships get built. I have come up with this saying and I truly mean it: "Once a student of mine, always dear to my heart!" I've had the opportunity to lead various youth programs, trips, and events. I believe God specifically placed me in the path of certain young people....and I am glad He did!
 
One of the biggest joys in ministry is being able to know that God placed you in a certain spot because he had a specific person or group of persons that he wanted you to influence.
 
3 John 4 "I have no greater joy than to see that my children are walking in the truth." Nothing brings me greater joy than watching young people get it and walk with Jesus!
 
I'm glad God placed YOU in my life for a specific reason!
 
My wife and I had the opportunity to eat lunch this past Sunday with some former students of mine!
 I LOVE and am PROUD of the people in this photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment