Friday, August 16, 2013

Potential, Potential, Potential - First Axis Recap

The church is just ONE generation away from extinction. It is vital to train up Godly young people who will pass the baton on to the next generation. I will ALWAYS have a heart for teenagers regardless of how old I get. As I met, was involved, and evaluated my first Axis youth group the one word that kept coming to my head was "potential." This group of young people has an UNLIMITED amount of potential! I was impressed with the following from our first Axis youth group meeting:

- The positive energy and uplifting atmosphere
- The willingness to take risks as a group, even in playing a different game
- The support of the adults and desire of older believers to see young people grow
- The amount of TALENT that was evident in the group
- The love of the teenagers for their youth pastor, Rich, who is transitioning
- The grace and heart of Rich in wanting to help me and the youth program succeed. Rich's words:
"I would never trust my kids with someone I do not trust. If I could have picked anyone I would have picked Dan" meant a lot when said in public with a genuine heart.

There is a 'ton' of potential within the youth ministry here at Grace. As a youth pastor it is my job to evaluate and challenge each student/adult individually and to move our group as a whole corporately. This group has the ability to do extraordinary things for the kingdom and it's my job to help us continually move, push, and grow as we focus on Christ! 

I'm excited for the future with this church and with this group of young people. Watch out Goshen....better yet WATCH OUT world!

Commissioning Pastor Rich Yauger as he transitions into another role at Grace! Yes, he is somewhere in the middle! :)


Upbeat Wii Just Dance Song that was interactive and fun!


Great shot of Rich 'passing on the baton' of pastoral leadership within the youth ministry to me!



No comments:

Post a Comment