Monday, August 19, 2013

It's Time to Jump on the Ministry Treadmill - Thoughts on the Past First Week at Grace Community Church

A treadmill is a great machine, because you get to SET THE PACE in how fast you want to run. Complacent people set it at a lower pace while those who are more ambitious and hunger to lose weight eventually ramp up the speed. Likewise, each church has a specific pace in which it is trying to move, grow, and accomplish things for the Kingdom. A sense of urgency in reaching lost people is a must in quickening the pace. Therefore, a church must SET THE PACE and go faster in reaching people otherwise it will become complacent and not become the purposeful organism that God created it to be.

My first week at Grace Community Church went by lightning fast. The church is on mission and is moving fast and it is my job to jump on board and to keep pace while adding creativity and leadership over the youth program. This needs to be done well.....otherwise I will end up like the guy in this Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_A8lOGsIU4

I love 'taking my game' to the next level and working hard in reaching and equipping people. If God things are happening I just want to be part of the team. "Find out where God is moving and then join Him!"

Here are some of the highlights of this past week in being part of a church that has a sense of urgency, passion, and fast pace in reaching people:

- I was amazed and almost brought to tears by the number of men who came to our Fight Club Kick-Off. Men truly want to lead victoriously and there is a hunger to understand what it means to be Biblically Masculine and to Spiritually Lead. Great Night!
- There is a lot of 'potential' with the youth program at Grace Community Church (see past post).
- This past Sunday I had the opportunity to baptize a young man, pray and talk with another young man who was searching for God, and after church invited our waitress to church and she was extremely receptive and interested in coming. It's just fun 'being used' by God for kingdom advancement.
- As I sit in my office today I am overjoyed and excited to see what God will do this week and in the future!

As a believer in Jesus it is imperative to jump on the treadmill of ministry and to press on! Looking forward to picking up the pace in serving, building, and reaching people in Elkhart County.


Oh, and I have to show a picture of a nice 5 pound bass that I caught late Saturday night. Remember, Jesus picked fishermen....not golfers, hunters, or athletes! ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment