Friday, August 5, 2016

Storybook Ending to My Last Momentum (As A Youth Pastor)

This past Saturday night was truly a storybook ending to my experience as a youth pastor at the Momentum Youth Conference.

At the end of our youth group time the students took over to share stories/remembrances of my time as their youth pastor. As a youth pastor I always struggle with thoughts and questions concerning my ministry effectiveness. Am I properly modeling certain aspects of the Christian walk well? Are my teenagers and adults catching anything? Am I making a difference in people's lives?

During the sharing time I was blessed hearing a number of different testimonies and praises. I was able to take a quick look during the sharing time at a youth leader sitting next to me and he whispered; "it stuck!" Stories and thoughts shared from that night will motivate me for years to finish the ministry race well.

To top the night off I was picked up and carried to a pond at Cedarville University and was made to 'walk the plank.' Luckily, a number of teenagers jumped in with me. When we came out I was doused with tons of shaving cream. It was a great send off.

Nine years ago our youth group threw a student named Josh into that exact pond during the Momentum Youth Conference. Everything had come full circle. It was now my time to be thrown into that pond.

I thank God for my time spent serving as a youth pastor, especially during the Momentum Youth Conference week. There was no other way I'd love to go out, wet & blessed!

I smelled like pond water for days.....but it was worth it!


No comments:

Post a Comment