Tuesday, February 2, 2016

How to Develop Intimacy as a Married Couple!

I am not an expert. No one will every confuse me with Dr. Love. I've only been married for a little over two years BUT I can honestly say that I LOVE MY WIFE MORE TODAY THAN I DID YESTERDAY!
 
It takes years of intentional living to develop intimacy with your spouse. It's smart to start with the end goal in mind (which in this case is to have a healthy and God glorifying marriage). Therefore, my wife and I have made concrete and definitive steps to grow in our relationship with each other.
 
 

Here's a list of some things that will help you grow closer to your spouse:

 
1. You can never say "I love you" enough!
 
2. Follow hard after Jesus. Two people running after Jesus will naturally come closer to each other.
 
3. Learn to forgive. Don't take everything personally. Your spouse is not your enemy. Satan is your enemy who is trying to drive a wedge between you and your spouse.
 
3. Develop enjoyment in doing things your spouse loves. While you might not have the same passion for their hobbies or interests enjoy supporting and doing what your spouse loves. What's important is that you are doing this together!
 
4. Spend time being (physically) close to each other. Holding hands, snuggling up during a movie, or a gentle caress signifies that you desire to be with and care for your spouse.
 
5. Do not let your children come between you. Children are demanding and life can easily start to revolve around them. Your spouse is always your higher priority.
 
6. Date your spouse. Continue to learn and ask questions about their past experiences. Always search for what makes them tick.
 
7. Learn to straight talk. Have in-depth conversations to make sure there is a clear understanding concerning perception differences.
 
8. Pray together. Two people that pray together will become supernaturally glued together. My wife and I pray before falling asleep every night.
 
9. Give your spouse appropriate space. Don't smother each other. The times together will be richer and you'll be more appreciative of your spouse when there is space for them to develop independently too.
 
10. Learn this phrase........"No one compares to my (insert spouse's name)". Whenever I am prone to doubt my relationship with my wife I simply state that no one compares to my Kimmy. She's God's best for me and that's more than enough.
 
No one compares to my Kimmy!

No comments:

Post a Comment