Monday, June 16, 2014

Make Your Life COUNT!

I want my life to COUNT!

At the end of the day every person wants to know that their life mattered and counted! I do not know a person who truly does not want to have some influence or impact on people or the world in which we live.

A little over a week ago I had the opportunity to be a groomsman in a former student's wedding. I was honored to be asked. I was deeply moved and touched by a number of different conversations and happenings that weekend.

- The opening Scripture passage in the wedding was my life verse. The groom Logan had gained strength from that verse and from my life and he wanted to include that verse in his wedding. How humbling!?!

- The bride's father was encouraged by a sermon that I preached a month and a half ago as he listened to it via internet/podcast. Here's a guy that I did not know but was touched and encouraged by a sermon of mine. Once again, I was humbled!?!

- I got to connect with people at the wedding that I met through various ministry endeavors. I connected with friends from when I interned in PA, students and leaders from Operation Barnabas, and ministry partners while in Kendallville. Ministry truly does bring people closer together!

At the end of that wedding day, I could say at the least, that my life counted in impacting Logan's life. The conversations and being honored was truly special to me.

Do not throw away your life but make it count for something! Invest into what truly matters.....people. When you invest into other people you will be sure that your life truly counted for something at the end of the day!

It is the small encouraging remarks that are important to me. Encourage, uplift, and make your life count into someone else's life today!

What many don't know about this picture is that Logan helped lead two of the men behind him to the Lord. Now, they will forever have "his back."

No comments:

Post a Comment