Monday, June 24, 2013

Every Youth Group Needs a Nibby - Part 2

I was reminded once again why it is great to have a 'Nibby' in your youth program this past week. I learned and re-learned some aspects about Jacob that helped me grow in appreciation for his giftedness and talents.
 
Just for the record: I am proud of ALL of our students in our youth group and who went on our recent mission trip to Hamilton, OH.
 
 
1. Jacob desperately wants LOST people to come to know Jesus!
 
- I will never forget watching Jacob witness to and pray for a middle-aged man.....while he was half-naked in the guys locker room at the local YMCA. Don't all people need Jesus clothed or unclothed?!?
 
- I will never forget Jacob leading children to their parents after our children's program AND inviting the family to our Sunday morning service. The parents couldn't get their kid unless they were first invited!
 
2. Jacob is very creative even more than I give him credit for!
 
- Jacob designed each of our teaching sets out of cardboard boxes and duct tape. They turned out excellent!
 
3. Jacob's 'testimony' gets me every time and reminds me that no matter 'how broken' or 'down and out' a person is they are valuable in God's sight!
 
- Jacob was able to read his testimony on Sunday morning and as always he did an excellent job in sharing about his family and his being bullied problems. He gave God the credit for his turn-around and his enthusiasm for the gospel. He had me stand next to him during his testimony and at the end 'thanked me for being a father-figure when he needed one.'  Great reminder to me that people MATTER even the least of these!
 
For the record, Jacob also has the ability to 'annoy' me more than about any other person that I know. He had to 'take a lap' more then any other student on the trip. {Students had to take laps around the sanctuary if they asked unnecessary or foolish questions....which of course is Jacob's specialty}. Regardless of Jacob's struggles his heart and passion are admirable and noble. He is maturing and God is using Him....for that I am proud!
 
 
 
 
All the guys had to sleep on one half of the sanctuary during our stay. There was extra room and space for everyone. Of course, Jacob HAD to sleep next to me and HAD to roll over next to me on most nights to get comfortable! I took this picture at 3 AM. Notice how much space is on his mattress (above - queen sized) and how close he is next to me (below - twin sized). :)


No comments:

Post a Comment