Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Was God SURPRISED at the upsets during March Madness?

The game was over. Texas A&M was going to lose to UNI as they were down by more than 10 points with around 30 seconds left. I kissed my wife goodnight and headed to bed. Shortly afterward, as I was literally crawling into bed I checked my phone one last time and I received a text from her. Game is almost tied, you might want to come back out. Texas A&M did the unthinkable by tying the game in dramatic fashion and winning the game in double overtime. It was beyond improbable. I was shocked, stunned, and surprised by the outcome.
 
Here's the question though: was God shocked or surprised by the ending of the game? Did God see THIS coming?
 
Our God is an omniscient God. Simply put, He knows everything. He even knows when things are going to occur way before they truly happen.
 
Psalm 139:1-4
 
You have searched me, Lord, and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar. You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways. Before a word is on my tongue you, Lord, know it completely.

 
God cannot be surprised as He is not bound by time. He created time. Since time is linear and God sits above time He can see and know the future. In fact, we know that God knows the future through the book of Revelation. Justice will prevail and our God will be triumphant. The forces of Satan and evil will be cast into the lake of fire for eternity!
 
When something that is near impossible happens we can take solace knowing that Jesus knew it would happen. We can use it to build our faith as we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God.
 
Are you surprised by my statements? Agree or disagree?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment