Friday, January 23, 2015

Uncracking the MYSTERY of why Men are Attracted to Women!

I'm sure many of you opened up this blog post assuming that it would be about how men are visually oriented individuals and that God has created women in such a way that they are pleasing and attractive to men.

While this IS correct I believe that it is INCOMPLETE!

While physical attraction is important if you want a deeper and more meaningful relationship with the women in your life it must go beyond your physical attraction or physical appreciation of them.

Seriously, think, on a deeper level why are men attracted to women?

I believe that God has wired into the heartbeat of women a sense of mystery, awe, and dare I say unpredictability.

As a man I enjoy facts and issues that are fairly black and white. In fact, my whole life is built around fairly predictable patterns. I enjoy analyzing and coming up with models for life.

In general, women do not behave or think this way. There is a sense of mystery and unpredictability  that men find incomprehensible and worth exploring.

For example, if I am sitting on the couch with my wife and I jokingly poke her in the side ten times I will receive ten different responses! If she jokingly pokes me in the side ten times she knows she will receive one basic response almost every time.

This is one of the biggest reasons that I am attracted to my wife. I enjoy studying and trying to figure her out (which I never will fully do). God's created men for adventure and exploration and the inner workings of women perfectly stimulate this desire within a man.

Women instinctively know that men are attracted to this mysterious nature. They can use this knowledge to impact men in a sinful or Godly way.

A woman can be mysterious in a seductive, deceptive, or manipulative way.

Proverbs 7:10, 21-23 - "Then out came a woman to meet him, dressed like a prostitute and with crafty intent. With persuasive words she led him astray; she seduced him with her smooth talk. All at once he followed her like an ox going to the slaughter, like a deer stepping into a noose till an arrow pierces his liver, like a bird darting into a snare, little knowing it will cost him his life."

A woman can be mysterious by focusing a man's attention to her exterior beauty.

I Peter 5:3 - "Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes."

A woman can by mysterious by how she follows Jesus (which looks different than what God calls men to do).

I Peter 5:4 - "Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight."

Proverbs 31:30 - Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.

There is something about that mysterious and unpredictable nature in a woman that is irresistible to a man because it does not make sense and therefore creates a sense of awe and wonder. God's created it that way....and I'm sure glad He did as it forces me to want to explore and know my wife more and more each day!

Song of Solomon 7:4 (MSG) - "Your eyes are wells of light, deep with mystery. Quintessentially feminine!"


No comments:

Post a Comment