Wednesday, October 29, 2014

I turn 30 years old today......A Comparison of Perspectives of when I turned 10, 20, and 30 years old!

Today I am three decades old!

First off, I always find it odd that we celebrate the person who was born INSTEAD OF the mother who carried and delivered that baby after 9 months! Therefore, thank you and congratulations Mom! You deserve more honor than I do today!

On a different note I took some time to think about the difference in perspective of each birthday  namely my 10 year, 20 year, and 30 year birthdays.

Here's the difference (not at all an exhaustive list) on perspective of each decade changing birthday.
 
A Decade can make a HUGE difference!

Taco Bell
10 Year Old - What's Taco Bell? Mom says it's unhealthy!
20 Year Old - Taco Bell is my late night filling food of choice!
30 Year Old - Why does Taco Bell use caulk guns in preparing food? It tastes good, but only in small portions and not late at night!

Staying Up Late
10 Year Old - I got to stay up past 9 PM tonight....it was awesome!
20 Year Old - I start feeling alive at 9 PM and can't wait to do things with my dorm mates all night!
30 Year Old - I'm thinking about bed at 9 PM and in bed not soon after!
 
Working with Teenagers
10 Year Old - Teens are intimidating!
20 Year Old - I can do anything a teenager does and "top it"
30 Year Old - These teenagers look like "little kids"
 

What's In a Birthday
10 Year Old - Cake and Ice Cream, Chuck E Cheese's, and MONEY!
20 Year Old - MONEY!
30 Year Old - Just another day
 
Thoughts on People of the Opposite Sex
10 Year Old - Glad I got MY cootie shot! Gross.
20 Year Old - Single and ready to mingle!
30 Year Old - Happily married and glad all the drama is over with!
 
Driving
10 Year Old - It will be forever until I get my license!
20 Year Old - I got a need for speed!
30 Year Old - I set my cruise control for 5-10 mph over. Max.
 
Hope you enjoyed some truth with a little bit of humor OR maybe a little bit of truth with a lot of humor :)

While life and perspective change I pray that I will never lose a heart for God and His people. May that be a constant variable throughout my years.
 
Psalm 71:18
"Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, my God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your mighty acts to all who are to come."

 
The older I get the more responsible I am to declare God's power to the next generation! My role and responsibility only increase in the years to come. I don't know what God will do in the next decade and how my perspective on life will change.....I just know I'm excited about enjoying each individual day of the next 3,650 days (that's how many until my 40th birthday)! Who knows where I will be at in life by the age of 40!?!?

 


No comments:

Post a Comment