Tuesday, July 8, 2014

One of the most MEANINGFUL and MEMORABLE Mission Trip Moments

This past week our church sent a group of 12 teens/adults to do mission work in Leslie County, KY. The county has the highest drug abuse rate per populace in the state of Kentucky! 
 
This trip was unique more than any ever mission trip experience that I have ever taken for the following reasons:
 
1. Our teenagers gelled and bonded faster and deeper than any other group I have led. As soon as we got back from our trip a Facebook conversation started that had prayer requests and ideas for how we could continue relationships built with the people we encountered! The best and the deepest relationships are forged in the fires of missional living!
2. Our group did a prayer walk in the nearby town of Hyden which had never happened before. We encountered people, prayed for them, and helped people move groceries into their home.
3. Our group prayed for the entire church and laid hands on them after our Sunday Morning service which no other group had done before. Members of the congregation were in tears as they knew that young people 'had their back.'
 
Our group also accomplished A LOT:
 
- We planted an entire garden, cleaned gutters, hauled dirt, washed walls, and destroyed kudzu with machetes.
- We did a children and teen outreach where we would pick up children in 15 passenger vans every night. We saw 30 different kids walks through our doors and 3 of them made decisions for Jesus!
- We led the congregation during their Sunday Morning worship service experience. Our teens led through worship, testimonies, and watching elementary kids during Jr. Worship. Our summer intern, Chad Wilson, preached and knocked it out of the park.
 

The MOST MEANINGFUL and MEMORABLE part of this mission trip though was none of what I just mentioned.
 
Late on Saturday Night, the pastor and his wife Sam and Betty Baer, invited us into their home which is attached to the church. There we shared stories and sung hymns as a group. The night was a beautiful picture of older and younger generations coming together to sing worship songs, pray, and call upon the Lord for revival. The pastor and his wife did not want us to leave and we stayed almost to midnight. I was touched by the missional and sensitive heart of the pastor and his wife who had labored for 35 years in Kentucky. They were hungry for a revival in their community. I told my wife that when we get that old (which will come sooner than later) I hope I maintain that same spirit. It was a refreshing and memorable night for me!
 
Our group can not wait to go back next year and to continue the work that was started!
 
 


2 comments:

  1. After 6 moths of Broken marriage, my husband left me with two kids, I felt like ending it all, i almost committed suicide because he left us with nothing, i was emotionally down all this while. Thanks to a prophet called saibaba of saibaba temple which i met online. On one faithful day, as I was browsing through the internet, I came across several of testimonies about this particular prophet. Some people testified that he brought their Ex lover back, some testified that he restores womb,cure cancer,and other sickness, some testified that he prayed to stop divorce and get a good paid job so on. He is amazing, i also come across one particular testimony, it was about a woman called chloe , she testified about how he brought back her Ex lover in less than 2 days, and at the end of her testimony she dropped his email.After reading all these, I decided to give it a try. I contacted him via email and explained my problem to him. In just 48hours, my husband came back to me. We resolved our issues, and we are even happier than ever. prophet saibaba you are a gifted man and thank you for everything you had done in my life. If you have a problem and you are looking for a real and genuine prophet, Try him anytime, he is the answer to your problems. you can contact him on templesaibaba@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m Mercy brown by name I have a few testimony to share with you all about myself, I was in a relationship with this guy and for 3years and we were about getting married when we both have misunderstanding with each other and he ask me for a divorce and we both agreed and after 4months I head that he was having an affair with one of my closest friend and I was very upset and worried so a friend of my advice me and told me if I still love my ex and if I really want to have him back so I told her yes, and she ask me to contact Dr. Madurai the spell caster and I did although I never believe on spell so he gave me something when he was casting the spell and ask me to say my wishes on it and after the casting of the spell a receive a phone call from my ex and was ask me at which I did and now we are back together again I’m so happy and I wish not to ever have this mistake again in my life. I will also advice anyone with this kind of issue to contact him for help he is really nice on phone and always there to answer you question giving you the good advice that you need. his email is maduraitemple@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete